Thursday, October 06, 2005

The real Real World Paris

This is the true story...of a New York-born Californian, her California-born French husband, and their LA-turned-Parisian dog...picked to live in an apartment in Paris...and have their lives blogged.

Alright, so I've decided to start a blog, as many of my compatriots have done well before me. I had a live journal a few years ago when I first arrived in Paris, buit was mainly for people back home in order to let them in on my adventures, and I always felt like I had to write four pages, which was tedious for me, not to mention probably pretty boring for them after a while. Lately I have been reading a lot of blogs from anglophones in France, such as Petite Anglaise and La Coquette, as well as several others, and I like the idea of writing little blurts about life in Paris. Everyone's experience as a foreigner in France is different, everyone has their own take on it, everyone is bringing along their background, and I love reading about other people's experiences in this fine city. After nearly four years here, some of the initial euphoria of being here has worn off, and sometimes I do forget to look up to admire the wrought iron balconies, but at the same time, Paris is still a city where nearly every week I stumble upon something, either a place or a conversation or an experience, that takes my breath away. That's what I want to blog about.

31 things

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home