Thursday, October 13, 2005

White Night

I'd like to talk a bit about Nuit Blanche even though it was already nearly two weeks ago. It was my second year of participating; last year I found myself at the Palais de Tokyo at 5am on a couch listening to spews about Michel Foucault. This year EK and I stayed closer to home and instead followed the path the city had set up from Abbesses to La Petite Ceinture. They had images flashing on buildings on the north side of Montmartre.
IMG_2002
IMG_2004

Another highlight was the opening of La Petite Ceinture, which is a now-defunct railway that used to span Paris from the 17th to the 20th arrondissements. I have been taking pictures of the parts of the railway that remain and will blog them soon. For nuit blanche, they had set up little exhibits along the way, most of which did not make any sense at all, such as a haunted wooden shack with recorded ghouls inside. Still, being able to walk along the railway at night was a treat.

IMG_2026

There is a shared garden on the former platforms of the station at Clignancourt, we took a walk there a few weeks ago. Again they are only open a couple of times a year, but we got lucky and arrived on a day it was open. I will post those pics soon too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home